Preachers, Physicians & Sex Therapy…

On January 9, 2009, in Uncategorized, by drneilcannon1


Many people seek sexual counseling from their pastor, rabbi or priest on topics ranging from pre-marital counseling to sexual abuse, to teenage sexuality, to couples counseling and sexual orientation issues.  That would be like coming to me to have your car fixed – I could listen and I know where the engine is but that’s about it.  According to a study released today by the Religious Institute on Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing; sexuality education is virtually non-existent for seminary students.  According to the highly respected Rev. Debra Haffner, “There is an urgent need for ordained clergy who understand the connections between religion and sexuality.”  If you need support related to sexuality, the best solution is to find a certified sex therapist which you can do by checking with the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists  There are more than 2000 members of AASECT throughout the world, the requirements for certification are comprehensive, and we are all here to help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *